Holiday Dutch Baby
makes 1 7-inch dutch baby
1/4 c. milk, room temp.
1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 tbsp. butter, room temp.
1/2 tbsp. butter, for bottom of skillet
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 pomegranate, seeded
1 ripe fuyu persimmon, julienned
1/2 apple, julienned
1/2 heavy cream, chilled, for whipped topping
powdered sugar for dusting
1. Take your milk and egg out beforehand to bring to room temperature. Preheat over to 350°F and place small cast iron skillet/baking dish in your oven to heat.
2. Measure out milk & flour- mix and set aside.
3. Whisk egg in a separate bowl for a few minutes until it is light, fluffy, and foamy.
4. Add flour, milk, butter, salt, vanilla to egg and beat together.
5. Remove skillet from oven and add your 1/2 tbsp. butter to it coating the bottom and sides of pan. Add your mixture to it and place in oven immediately after. Bake for about 8 minutes or until puffy golden brown.
6. Whip your chilled heavy cream in a cold bowl until thick and forms peaks. Top dutch baby with whipped cream, pomegranate, julienned persimmons/apples and dust with powdered sugar. Squeeze lemon slices over right before eating.