While we were in San Diego over spring break we went to the San Diego Safari Park and specifically went to see The Butterfly Exhibit that was there for only 4 short weeks. I love butterflies, and I especially love capturing butterflies on my camera (maybe it's more of the fact that it's not everyday you capture a butterfly staying still for longer than 3 seconds)? I was so excited to bring Juniper and was determined to get a photo of a butterfly on her head :)
Well since the exhibit was just a few short weeks the line was soooo long and what we thought was going to be a 1.5 hr wait turned into 3 hrs! Landon and Juni were both so done and over it, so by the time we got into the greenhouse I had to get my photos quick!
Juniper was so so cute on Landon's shoulders and was trying to eat all of the butterflies flying past her head. She would leave her mouth open and lean over in hopes on one landing on her tongue... thankfully that didn't happen. :)
I was so excited to bring Juniper out to the flower fields this year... everything is SO much more fun with a baby... especially being a photographer because it means photo shoot after photo shoot. :)
On my mom's spring break we made a trip out to Carlsbad in San Diego to The Flower Fields. The entry fee was a little steep ($14 a person!) but these memories are worth it.
Juniper is always a good sport on our adventures. She loves being outside and as long as she can watch what we are doing or be on daddy's shoulders she's a happy camper.
Click below to see more photos!
I absolutely love seeing her personality develop and could of never imagined how obsessed I would be with her, I'm seriously so happy and in love, no matter how sleep deprived or busy I am, she's my world! But can I say how IMPOSSIBLE it is to get one photo of her without moving! I completely skipped her 6 month photo because I couldn't get one of her staying still. Thankfully after a million tries, her daddy helped get her attention for these. :)
| February 18, 2016 |
• She is officially crawling and is so fast at it!
• She loves light sockets, sharp corners, climbing into the fireplace and putting all bits of trash and lint off the floor in her mouth...haha (hence why we bought her a blow up pool as a play pen in our house!)
• She can pull herself to stand, and walk around objects if she's holding on and stands on her own for a few good seconds
• She has learned to give kisses and is all about the open mouth sloppy ones!
• She has learned to fake cough and thinks it's so funny
• She can wave hello and goodbye
• She says "dada" ALL the time... still no mama :(
• She dances or moves her head when music is on, she's my little dancing baby
• She is starting to get stranger danger and really only lets mommy or daddy hold her
• She is definitely our chatterbox and is constantly babbling
• She loves food and has been a really good eater for me