for those cold days wherever you are, make this easy peezy soup!
4 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 lbs. fresh broccoli
1 large onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 sour cream*
1. Melt butter in medium pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add brocoli, onion, carrot, salt/pepper
& saute until onion is translucent- 6 min.
3. Add the flour and cook for 1 min., until flour is a blonde color.
4. Add stock and bring to boil.
5. Simmer uncovered until broccoli is tender- 15 min.
Add sour cream.
6. With a blender, puree the soup. Add salt&pep to taste.
*the recipe called for cream, but i had sour cream handy.
Day old French bread
1/4 red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Cut bread in cubes and place on pan with all of ingredients.
3. Bake till golden brown.