I got this idea from honest fare, one of my favorite foodie blogs.
We had all these ingredients in our kitchen just waiting to be used, all we needed was some beautiful collard greens!
I first started off with a roasted garlic hummus, to act as a little ''glue'' in our wrap.
So in a previous post I posted another hummus [bean dip] but this one is wayyyy better, so forget that one and try this one!
I've been in search for a good hummus,
reading, browsing, trying, experimenting, tasting, and trying again.
this one is a winner in my books!!
Roasted Garlic Hummus
1 can of chickpeas [rinsed & drained]
1/4 tsp. cumin
3-4 tbsp. olive oil
half a lemon squeezed
2 tbsp. tahini
2 tbsp. warm water
2-4 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cut off the tip of the garlic cloves and peel them.
Coat with olive oil and wrap securely in foil.
Roast for about an hour. Remove & cool.
2. Put everything in a food processor/blender and blend all the ingredients
together. The measurements are wide-ranged, if it's too thick add in
olive oil to thin it out. I LOVE garlic, i add it to EVERYTHING,
i'm lucky landon still kisses me :) so i added 5 cloves but just
taste and keep adding to your liking.
So easy and SO good. I make this once a week and have
fresh raw veggies always ready to SNACK!
Now for the collard greens....
1. Soak them in warm water with dash of white vinegar for 10 minutes,
this helps them to be more 'foldable' when it comes time to wrap!
2. Once they are soaked and dried, take a knife and trim down the stem,
it is very hard and not the most pleasant to chew on. As seen in the
first top photo on the left.
Now we are ready to fill!
1. Spread down your ''glue'' roasted garlic hummus in my case.
2. Top with your favorite veggies! i used cucumbers, carrots,
red bell pepper, turkey, and sprouts.
3. Then it's time to wrap. wrap it like a tortilla, take in the ends then roll.
bountiful basket so i quickly made some fries for the side.
Sweet Potato Fries
2 large unpeeled sweet potatoes
1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Heat oven to 425° and put the cookie sheet in the oven to get hot,
this way it makes them more crispy.
2. Wash the potatoes and cut into 1/4'' slices, place in bowl.
3. Mix up all the ingredients [excluding salt].
4. Pour mixture over potatoes and toss till evenly coated.
4. Remove pan from oven and spray with cooking spray.
6. Place potato slices on the pan and make sure they
are not touching. Sprinkle on salt.
7. Bake for 15 minutes & turn them over and bake for remaining 10 minutes.
-depending on how thin you cut them keep an eye on them
because the edges can burn easily.-