so i just woke up.
my eyes feel swollen, my eyes don't stop watering, and my hair is in knots from head to toe.
i thought my allergies were getting bad in boise with the dogs,
but it's looks like i'm just getting sick- again.
i honestly don't feel like moving so i thought i'd post up a new recipe!
i made these last week and they are so delicious!
CARROT GINGER CUPCAKES
ORANGE GINGER CREAM CHEESE FROSTING.
so i remember making these a long long time ago for my family.
i was probably 12 years old and i distinctly remember how labor intensive these cupcakes were.... but i didn't remember why?
as i was grating my 3rd carrot by hand everything quickly rushed back
to me and i remembered why they were such a pain to make.
- but i'm known for being a 'grating hater' -
so maybe by me telling you this you aren't going to want to make these now,
which is understandable.
but if you have an electric grater or grate carrots on a daily basis for fun,
this recipe isn't so bad.
plus, it tastes so SO good and it's one of my favorites so you've gotta try it!
thought the washed out carrot look was fun.
it allows you to see the texture more!
Carrot Ginger Cupcakes
[from Martha Stewart kitchen]
2/3 c. pecan halves
6 carrots, peeled
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/4 c. buttermilk, room temp.
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Heat the oven to 350°. Toast pecans in oven for 7-8 minutes.
Remove & finely chop pecans.
2. Using the smallest holes (1/4") grate carrots. Grate carrots to
1 3/4 cups (about 6 carrots).
3. Put carrots, eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, sugar, vegetable oil, and ginger
in large bowl- whisk together.
4. In a small bowl combine all dry ingredients. Using rubber spatula,
fold in dry ingredients to wet mixture.
5. Fold in pecans.
6. Put cupcakes in the oven at 350° for 20-25 minutes,
rotating the pan halfway through.
Orange Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting
4 tbsp. unsalted butter - room temp.
8 oz. cream cheese - room temp.
1 c. confectioners sugar
2 tsp. freshly grated orange zest
2 tsp. grated ginger
pinch of salt
1. On medium-high beat butter until fluffy- about 2 minutes.
2. Add cream cheese + conf. sugar and beat until fluffly- about 2 more minutes
3. Add orange zest+ginger+salt- beat 5 minutes.