I can't believe my little baby is 5 months old already!! This is my favorite stage by far (I'm sure I will continue to say that at every month) but she is just so fun right now. This was a big month for her I feel like she is making some leaps and advances. At the beginning of the month she got her lip tie fixed, I was so worried about getting it done but she was such a trooper and showed no signs of discomfort. Thankfully Landon could be there for it because I could of no way held her down while they burned it. It helped with nursing and hopefully no more clogged milk ducts or surgeries for me :/
Her toes are her favorite!
| December 18th |
• She started army crawling and is now everywhere in seconds... it's horrible. We still have our Christmas tree, it's slowly dying each day, and her favorite thing is to crawl over and try to put the pine needles in her mouth, every time I grab her she laughs and is already being a stinker!
• She finally likes her carseat! This is a huge awesome leap for me because every ride was a torturous ride. As long as she's fed and can watch out the window or has a toy she's happy... we are still working on her during night rides but this is a huge step already.
• She hasn't mastered sitting up yet, she can stay sitting for a few seconds but she's always reaching for toys making her a tummy time lover still.
• She put her arms out to me for the first time when my mom was holding her.
• After I bring her in bed with me each morning she will talk for 30+ minutes straight and it's my favorite part of the day.
• She loves to kick her legs. When she's on her belly she kicks all of her toys or when we are holding her she always just has one leg always going up and down... Landon is secretly hoping she will be a soccer player.
• And for a big one.......She is sleeping in her crib through the night! She still wakes up 2 times to feed but the fact that she's in there is awesome for us. I was originally sad about it and didn't want her to be alone in a different room, but I know it's better for the both of us. Go Juniper!
• And for another big one, Juniper got her ears pierced this month! I know this is a very controversial subject and for everyone I talked to (except 1 person) they were all against it, yeah even my family was, so it was hard for me to stick to it and actually go through with it, but we did and we are happy about it. Our doctor pierced them and they used a numbing cream with surgical plastic earrings which require no twisting or constant cleaning with alcohol, so there is no up keep on them. Juni hasn't been phased by them at all, even when she got them done...she was just mad about being held still! I've always wanted a little girl with earrings but I know they either need to get them done before they can touch them or when they are old enough to take care of them, so I decided to just get them done now.