Dill Bread Recipe
2 1/2 c. unbleached flour
1 pkg. yeast
1 tsp. salt
1/4 c. baking soda
1 tsp. sugar
2 tbsp. dill seeds
1 c. cottage cheese
2 tbsp. fresh dill, finely minced
2 tsp. dried onion flakes
1 tbsp. melted butter
1. Pour yeast into warm water with the sugar.
2. In a pan, warm the cottage cheese until lukewarm, and add to the yeast mixture. Then add the egg,
lightly beaten, onion flakes, melted butter, salt, baking soda, dill seeds and fresh dill.
3. Stir until blended, then add the flour ending up with a rather soft dough.
4. Put the dough into a large buttered bowl, cover with a towel and place in a warm spot to rise for
about an hour or until doubled in size.
5. Remove the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead for a few minutes.
6. Then place in a large buttered loaf pan and preheat oven to 350°. Cover and let rise for about 30
7. Bake in oven for about 50 minutes. Half way through put foil over the top to prevent the crust from
burning. Then cool in wrapped towel.
Our sandwich was topped with turkey, lettuce, spicy pickles ( just had crushed red pepper flakes to your pickle jar), cheese, and red bell peppers!