Happy Valentine's Day Eve!
...And for those of you who don't know how to cook an artichoke, here's a little help!
1. Snip the tip of each leaf, and then cut the tip of the entire artichoke to remove all of the spikey parts.
2. Fill up a large pot with a few inches of water, add a bay leaf, lemon slices, and a few cloves of garlic.
3. Rinse off the artichokes in cold water.
4. Insert a steaming rack and add in the artichokes.
5. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 30-45 minutes.
6. Enjoy with dip or melted butter!