our beans are a sproutin'
i'm so excited that my little babies started sprouting and
i can't wait to incorporate them into all of our meals.
these have already doubled in size since yesterday!
landon made a request.
paste our heads on the lentil bean sprouts,
i couldn't resist after hearing his excitement.
"two lentil sprouties in love"
grow them with me!
all you need is:
lots of sunlight
1. Buy pretty much any type of bean [alfalfa, clover, lentil, sunflower, garbanzo, mung etc.]
Get about 1 cup of beans and soak them overnight for about 8-12 hours.
2. Once they are all plump and ready, strain the excess water, rinse again
and strain, then transfer into jar, filing it no more than 1/3 of the way.
3. Cover the top with cheesecloth and a rubberband.
4. For the next few days, fill the jar with water and rinse the beans twice
a day through the cheesecloth. Make sure you get all the excess water out
or else your sprouts can potentially spoil.
5. After about 5 days your sprouts should be ready to eat!
Keep in fridge in a tupperware lined with paper towels.